Madonna won't headline Glastonbury 2027, Eavis says

Get the Culture newsletter
Daily culture — film, music, books, the trends and ideas worth your attention. Free.
- Emily Eavis confirmed Madonna will not be headlining Glastonbury 2027, telling BBC Radio 4's PM programme: "No, it's definitely not Madonna, I'll tell you that."
- Glastonbury has already booked all three headliners for June 2027, with Eavis saying "we've got our headliners and we're cracking on."
- Madonna had fuelled speculation in June when she told Graham Norton she was planning "something bigger" in the UK next summer, despite never having performed at the Somerset festival.
- Eavis dismissed the rumour mill more broadly, saying "pretty much 95% of the stories you read are not true, and rumours are pretty much always wrong."
- Madonna's collaboration with Kylie Minogue, Love Sensation, debuted at No 8 on the UK singles chart on Friday — her highest-charting UK single in 17 years and her 65th UK top 10 hit, trailing only Elvis Presley (76) and Cliff Richard (68).
- Madonna performed at the FIFA men's World Cup final half-time show last month in New York, the Spain vs Argentina match.
Why it matters: Madonna's 17-year UK chart high and her recent World Cup final half-time set show she remains a major live performer — yet Britain's biggest festival has shut the door on her, ending the speculation she herself kicked off in June with Graham Norton and leaving fans to wonder where her "something bigger" UK moment will land instead.
Ask SkimNews


